Sociology is a well-established discipline, as relevant to the study of 21st-century societies as to the sweeping changes of the Industrial Revolution.
Sociologists are concerned with society’s structures, forms of action and cultural arrangements, and are uniquely placed to understand the changes of social life.
The structure of year in the Sociology course from University of Bristol one provides a solid grounding in sociology, followed by a greater choice of units linked to staff research interests in subsequent years. Recently, these units have covered subjects such as culture, ethnicity, class, migration, modern slavery, popular music, racism and science.
The typical percentage of time spent in different learning activities for this course based on student choices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thinking Sociologically
- Doing Social Research
- Key Social Thinkers
- Social Identities and Divisions
- Sociology in a Global Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 282 other Bachelors in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: AAB including an essay-based subject (see list below)
- A-level Contextual offer: BBB including an essay-based subject (see list below)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer: 34 points overall with 17 at Higher Level, including 5 at Higher Level in an essay-based subject (see list below)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Contextual offer: 31 points overall with 15 at Higher Level, including 5 at Higher Level in an essay-based subject (see list below)
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.