On this Politics with Economics (Hons) Including Placement Year degree at University of Bath you’ll combine the study of politics with an engagement in economic theory and practice. It will appeal if you’re interested in issues of global power, decision-making, democracy and inequality.
You’ll cover topics such as international politics, political ideologies and economic thought. You will explore a range of contemporary economic and political challenges facing national and international society, such as terrorism and climate change.
Study in an enriched learning environment
You’ll learn from academics with expertise in a wide breadth of contemporary political subjects. Their international collaborations and research activities inform their teaching. You’ll experience a course-wide approach to developing your professional and practical skills with an emphasis on employability.
Prepare for your future
Our politics graduates are found in a wide range of public, private and voluntary sector jobs. Popular destinations are jobs in the banking and finance industries, the media, public administration, and national, European and international political institutions and organisations. Many graduates have chosen to pursue an academic career with further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics of politics
- Research design and methods
- Political theory
- Economic thought and policy
- Quantitative research methods
- International comparative politics
- Plus optional units
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Political Science View 785 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for politics or international relations. This might include relevant reading, involvement in political or debating societies, voluntary work for charities, or activism for a political party or an NGO.
- You do not need to have studied Politics or Economics before to be suitable for this course, and your relevant experiences and interests are more important than which subjects you have previously studied.
- We know that the context in which you are studying can have an impact on your ability to perform your best in exams and coursework, or limit which subjects or qualifications you are able to study at your school or college.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.