You will benefit from the expertise of two leading departments, the School of Management and the Department of Politics, Languages and International Studies.
Studying International Management and Modern Languages (German) (Hons) Including Year Abroad at University of Bath you’ll gain specialised knowledge of relevant countries’ business environments and contemporary politics, society and culture. From day one you’ll be taught in German.
You’ll cover core management subjects while developing your German, including technical business vocabulary, business economics and data analysis. You will also study contemporary culture, politics and society.
As well as optional units, you’ll cover core subjects like marketing and organisational behaviour whilst continuing to learn about Germany’s business environment and recent history. This prepares you for your year abroad.
Spend up to 12 months in a German-speaking country. You’ll have the flexibility to choose a work placement, International Academic Exchange or a combination of both.
In your final year you'll choose from a range of management units and continue to build your expertise in German.
Professional Development Programme
Prepare for the career you want with our Professional Development Programme (PDP). PDP includes training and workshops to improve your skills in areas like:
- writing CVs and applications
- job interviews
- aptitude tests
If you want to do a placement, PDP will help you find a relevant role and make the most of your time there.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- German written and spoken language 1
- Business economics
- Quantitative methods and data analysis
- National business environment of UK - legal aspects
- The business environment in Germany
- The UK macroeconomic environment
- Accounting for managers
- Deutschland 1945 bis 1989
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Management Studies Languages View 1472 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for international management and languages. You might demonstrate that you have an active interest in understanding people, work and organisations in a global setting, as well as developing your chosen language.
- You will need a strong performance in German as part of your entry qualifications. If you are not taking it as part of your entry qualification, we can accept a relevant B2 level language qualification, such as TestDaF, Goethe-Zertifikat Deutsch or DSD.
- We welcome students from a variety of backgrounds to our language courses. Language content in the first year of this degree is typically pitched at students who have studied that language to A level (or equivalent) and who are not native speakers. If you have more advanced language skills you may find these aspects of first year study less challenging.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.