The first year of Politics and International Relations programme from University of Bristol includes four compulsory units to ensure a solid grounding in the discipline. You will have greater choice as you progress through the course. The final year provides an exceptional range of units based on staff research interests, including political theory, international relations, UK politics, US politics, development studies and gender.
We emphasise research skills, with a compulsory unit in the first year and a dissertation in the final year. The dissertation enables you to conduct a piece of supervised political research on a topic of your choice.
You will have the opportunity to spend half a year studying abroad at a partner university.
The typical percentage of time spent in different learning activities for this course based on student choices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Concepts
- Theories of International Relations
- Thinking Politically
- Issues in World Politics
- The Politics of the Global South
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 791 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: AAA including an essay-based subject
- A-level Contextual offer: ABB including an essay-based subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer: 36 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 6 at Higher Level in an essay-based subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Contextual offer: 32 points overall with 16 at Higher Level, including 5 at Higher Level in an essay-based subject
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU students: £21,100 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.