Study areas include a broad overview of all of modern astrophysics followed by more advanced topics. These could include high-energy astrophysics, galaxy formation and evolution, general relativity and cosmology, and astrophysical fluids and plasmas.
Your final-year project will be with a member of the astrophysics research group. The group currently specialises in cosmology, the formation of clusters and galaxies, active galaxies, high-energy astrophysical processes, and the formation of extrasolar planets.
You will gain the skills needed for astronomical observations and analysis of data from international ground- and space-based observatories on this course, but will also have the opportunity to develop a physicist's broad range of transferable skills. These include problem-solving, numeracy, teamwork and the ability to communicate complicated concepts.
The typical percentage of time spent in different learning activities for this course based on student choices.
The course is accredited by the Institute of Physics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essential Maths tor Physics
- Core Physics : Oscillations, Waves and Fields
- Physics Laboratory
- Core Physics :Mechanics and Matter
- Stars and Planets
- Galaxies and the Universe
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 366 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: A AA including A A (in any order) in Mathematics and Physics
- A-level Contextual offer: AAB including AA in Mathematics and Physics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer: 38 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 7, 6 (in any order) at Higher Level in Mathematics and Physics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Contextual offer: 34 points overall with 17 at Higher Level, including 6, 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics and Physics
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24700 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- EU students: £24,700 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £10,750 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.