Education with Psychology is a social science degree that bridges the disciplines of education, psychology and sociology. You’ll be offered a blend of social science units that relate to the study of children and young people.
You’ll study in depth the social and developmental contexts of childhood and youth. You’ll explore government priorities relating to children’s lives and wellbeing, and the role of education. You’ll also develop skills in evaluating policy and practice, from both an academic and work-practice perspective.
In your first year you’ll study core introductory units in education, psychology and research methods. You’ll examine philosophical, sociological or psychological perspectives of education, learning, policy, families, social justice and deviance.
In your second year at University of Bath you'll continue to study research methods and advanced topics in education and psychology. You’ll examine contemporary issues and challenges that affect children, families and young people.
In your final year you'll learn about contemporary issues in childhood and youth, educational psychology, and developmental psychopathology. You can specialise according to your interests by writing a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
Study in an enriched learning experience
The Education with Psychology (Hons) course provides a diverse range of learning and assessment experiences that aim to help you apply interdisciplinary knowledge to complex real-life situations related to education and child development, as well as children and young people’s lives, mental health, and family life.
You’ll learn from academics with expertise in education, psychology and sociology. Their international collaborations and research activities feed into undergraduate teaching and contribute to your learning experience.
Prepare for your future
The breadth and interdisciplinary nature of this degree paves the way for a range of careers. These include:
- primary, secondary, and international school teaching
- language teaching
- mental health related specialisms
- further training in educational and/or clinical psychology
- charities and non-government organisations
- postgraduate research
- family outreach work
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mind and behaviour
- Research methods
- Education and schooling
- Children's rights: a global approach
- Representations of childhood and youth
- Education and social justice - philosophical and sociological perspectives
- Learning: theory and context
- Deviance: psychological and sociological perspectives
- The family as educator: cross-cultural issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesEducation Psychology View 482 other Bachelors in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for your chosen degree. This might include relevant reading or experience working or volunteering with children. When describing your experiences you should reflect on what you have learnt from them, how they have influenced your development or how they are relevant to your future studies.
- We know that the context in which you are studying can have an impact on your ability to perform your best in exams and coursework, or limit which subjects or qualifications you are able to study at your school or college.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.