In this Economics (Hons) course at University of Bath , you’ll study the foundations of economic theory and its applications to real-world problems. You’ll explore the connections between the economy as a whole, its main sectors (such as businesses, the financial sector, government, for example) and the decisions of individuals.
You’ll learn how to apply economic principles and methods to policy issues. You’ll develop your knowledge of institutions to understand how economic decisions and policies are made.
Your first year is concerned with key concepts in microeconomic and macroeconomic theory. You’ll further your skills in core mathematics, statistics and data analysis. In Year 2, you’ll build on this through intermediate study of economic theory. The study of econometrics will enable you to estimate and forecast economic relationships. The final year will teach you advanced economic theory. A selection of optional units will enable you to tailor your expertise to your personal interests and career aspirations.
Study in an enriched learning environment
You will explore the diversity of economics, learning directly from academics whose passion, international collaborations and research activities feed directly into their teaching and contribute to your learning experience.
Develop your professional skills
An economics degree will equip you with the skills our employer and alumni networks have advised as necessary in the working environment or in the pursuit of further studies:
- critical and analytical thinking
- quantitative skills to apply to real-life economic challenges
- presentation and communication skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core skills for economics: statistics and data analysis
- Economic policy in the UK
- Core skills for economists: mathematics
- The modern world economy
- Intermediate macroeconomics
- Intermediate microeconomics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 941 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should demonstrate your enthusiasm for your chosen degree. This might include relevant reading, involvement in political or debating societies, other extra-curricular or co-curricular activities, work experience or activism for a political party or an NGO.
- You do not need to have studied Economics or Business before to be suitable for this course. You will need a strong performance in Mathematics as part of your entry qualifications.
- We know that the context in which you are studying can have an impact on your ability to perform your best in exams and coursework, or limit which subjects or qualifications you are able to study at your school or college.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.