You'll study the structure and expression of genes, inheritance and mutations and learn about the latest molecular techniques for modifying genes, including CRISPR.
In the Genetics programme from University of Sheffield , you’ll learn how modern genetics helps us to understand and treat a range of diseases, as well as tackle global challenges like food sustainability and security.
- From your first year, you’ll study modules that span the molecular biosciences covering genetics, biochemistry and molecular and cell biology.
- Alongside these modules, you’ll have the freedom to explore complementary topics across the breadth of bioscience, such as microbiology, biomedicine, ecology, plant science and zoology, so you have the option to study genetics in greater depth, keep your interests broad or even switch to another degree programme within the biosciences.
- Officially accredited/recognized by the Privy Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Molecular Bioscience
- Molecular Biology
- Science Challenge: Breaking Boundaries
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 409 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Biology and a second science + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Biology and a second science + A in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, 6,5 in Higher Level Biology and a second science
- BTEC | Interim-Reformed: DD in Applied Science + A Level grade A in a science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Human Biology, Physics, Psychology, Maths and Further Maths) + interview.
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA, including Biology and a second science
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with Distinctions in 36 Level 3 credits, including Chemistry and Biology units, plus Merits in 9 Level 3 credits. Applicants are also interviewed.
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.