Graduates of this Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science course at University College Cork will have a broad range of quantitative numerical and computational skills that are of use in many fields. Graduates who wish to pursue an actuarial career may qualify for exemptions from some of the professional actuarial examinations, depending on performance and choice of electives, and will have the necessary preparation to undertake the remaining examinations.
A number of degree courses in the UK and Ireland correspond to some or all of the core principle exams of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries - the first stage of the professional education of an actuary.
Graduates in Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science can look forward to careers offering intellectual challenge, professional status, job satisfaction and high earnings.
Designing solutions to mathematical problems involving financial risk or future uncertainty places the graduate among the most highly valued professionals in the financial world.
- Discrete Time Financial Models
- Financial Mathematics
- Derivatives, Securities and Option Pricing
- Financial Modelling for Actuarial Science
- Continuous Time Financial Models
- Computational Techniques
- Complex Analysis
- Stochastic Modelling
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Actuarial Science View 39 other Bachelors in Finance in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Non-EU candidates are expected to have educational qualifications of a standard equivalent to the Irish Leaving Certificate.
- In addition, where such candidates are non-native speakers of the English language they must satisfy the university of their competency in the English language.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.