In the Banking and Finance programme from Cardiff University, you’ll work with our team of international researchers and finance professionals to apply micro and macroeconomic theory in financial contexts. They’ll introduce you to ethical issues and dilemmas in business while encouraging you to consider the social, economic and environmental implications of your professional behaviour.
Opportunities to evaluate the implications of financial crises on the global economy and appreciate how policy, regulation and technology influence the stock market or train in our state-of-the-art trading room means your learning environment is wide-ranging and varied helping you to prepare for a career where you can make a difference.
- Learn to anticipate financial market behaviour with real data in our state-of-the-art Trading Room.
- Apply microeconomic and macroeconomic theory in financial contexts.
- Critically evaluate the implications of financial crises on the global economy.
- Appreciate how policy, regulation and technology influence the stock market.
- Examine ethical issues and dilemmas in business.
Our track record speaks for itself. 97% of our students are in employment and/or further study within six months of graduating.
Our dedicated career professionals have got you covered on things like industry placements, internships, work experience and insights.
You’ll benefit from career consultations, interview and CV writing workshops, industry-specific events and specialist psychometric assessment and broad skills training.
- Business Analyst
- HR Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Production Manager
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Applied Stats and Maths in Econ and Business
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
- Money Banking and Finance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBanking and Investment View 62 other Bachelors in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB-ABB. Extended/International Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ/IPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
- The Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate will be accepted in lieu of one A-Level (at the grades listed above), excluding any specified subjects.
- DDD-DDM in a BTEC Extended Diploma in Business.
- IB 34-32 overall or 666-665 in 3 HL subjects.
- If you are offering non-UK qualifications, our qualification equivalences guide should allow you to calculate what kind of offer you are likely to receive.
- We do not accept Critical Thinking, General Studies, Citizenship Studies, or other similar equivalent subjects.
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.