Become a fashion material specialist by exploring and combining a broad range of practical skills across print, stitch, embellishment and knit with this Fashion Textile Design (Hons) BA course offered by De Montfort University. Develop research, conceptual, creative and technical abilities, alongside practical skills such as pattern cutting, construction, fashion illustration and digital portfolio promotion.
Determine your own creative direction by choosing or mixing technical specialisms to your style, context, technical skills and market focus. This will help prepare you for a career in the multibillion-pound fashion industry, where you can benefit from countless opportunities to develop, progress and learn new skills.
We encourage you to become conversant in a broad fashion context, while honing your specialist fashion textile design skills. There will be opportunities to broaden your creative thinking by networking with visiting lecturers from industry, who have previously included Phoebe English, Jane Bowler, Katie Roberts-Wood, Helen Bullock and David Longshaw.
Our graduates have forged careers in a range of areas within the fashion and textiles industry, freelancing for or working in design agencies, developing their own businesses, or designing for big brands such as Calvin Klein, Vivienne Westwood, Ted Baker, The Cambridge Satchel Company and Jaguar Land Rover.
- Design Cultures
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 244 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A ‘levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
It is normally required that students have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.