Fashion Buying with Marketing (Hons) BA programme from De Montfort University requires both strong commercial understanding as well as theoretical knowledge. After looking at the roles and responsibilities of buyers – from design concept to point of sale – you’ll focus on the business side of fashion, building your knowledge of planning, branding, public relations/communications and social media platforms.
You’ll study computer-aided design (CAD) to ensure that your design and marketing concepts can be presented and communicated in a professional, and industry-recognised, style. You’ll also cover report writing, data selection, presentation and critical analysis.
- Work on live projects with industry partners to learn from buying, marketing and creative experts.
- Learn how to analyse consumer behaviour in order to develop targeted marketing and promotional campaigns for retailers.
- Enhance your career prospects by choosing a year-long placement. Our students have worked at Next, Urban Outfitters, Mamas & Papas, Joules, Yours Clothing and O’Neill.
- Our graduates have gone onto work at companies including Reiss, Next, Marks & Spencer, River Island and Selfridges, while others have started their own successful companies.
- Develop CAD skills to enhance your fashion industry prospects.
- Take part in our international experience programme, DMU Global. Students have benefited from trips to Porto, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York, meeting key influencers at top fashion brands.
- Utilise an award-winning workshop and design space – the Vijay Patel Building – containing specialist facilities to foster fresh ideas and creativity.
- Our graduates go on to a variety of areas within fashion buying. Recent employers include ASOS, Selfridges, Next, Reiss, Marks & Spencer, River Island, and Joules, among many others.
- Luke Naunton secured a role with Marks & Spencer after graduating, as an assistant buyer in London.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Buying
- Textile Materials
- Fashion Communication
- Design Cultures
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Business
- Sourcing and Supply
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Marketing Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 546 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent) and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
It is normally required that students have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £9,250 with the EU undergraduate transitional scholarship (T&Cs apply)
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.