The first year of the Mathematics with Statistics degree from University of Bristol provides a broad background in pure, applied and statistical mathematics via a range of compulsory units. From year two you will focus more on statistics and probability, although there is scope to take some units from other areas.
As you move through the course you will gain academic independence, moving from small group tutorial teaching in year one to an optional, independent project in your final year.
Our BSc and MSci Mathematics with Statistics degrees are accredited by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS). Students are automatically entitled to Graduate Statistician status on application to the RSS, provided they achieve at least a second-class honours degree.
The typical percentage of time spent in different learning activities for this course based on student choices.
This course is recognised by the following organisations:
- The Royal Statistical Society (RSS)
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Algebra and Geometry
- ODEs, Curves and Dynamics
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematical Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 946 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: A A A including A A in Mathematics and another mathematics-related subject, or A*AA including A* in Mathematics and A in Further Mathematics
- A-level Contextual offer: AAA including Mathematics and another mathematics-related subject, or AAB including AA in Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer: 40 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 7 at Higher Level in Mathematics and 6 at Higher Level in another mathematics-related subject
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24700 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- EU students: £24,700 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £10,750 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.