The Liberal Arts with Study Abroad course from University of Bristol encourages you to explore a wide range of subjects and issues across the arts and humanities. The first two years of the MLibArts course are identical to the BA, with core interdisciplinary units, a language unit, a unit in which you learn to work with data, and optional units, which you can take from the disciplines offered by the Faculty of Arts. You will also begin to develop expertise in your specialist subject pathway, which you can choose from one of the disciplines in the faculty.
A special feature of the MLibArts is the opportunity to spend your third year studying abroad at one of our prestigious partner universities.
If you are interested in the modern languages pathway, we encourage you to enrol on the MLibArts course. Your year abroad will accelerate your language skills and provides an invaluable opportunity to develop your cultural knowledge. However, if you are unable to go abroad, the three-year BA Liberal Arts with a modern languages pathway remains available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the Present
- The Art of Writing
- Peoples, Culture and Language
- Evolution in Action
- Archaeological Practice
- Big Ideas in Anthropology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts View 688 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAA including an Arts subject and another essay-based subject
- 36 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 6 at Higher Level in an Arts subject and 6 at Higher Level in another essay-based subject
- Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, and M3 is C.
- at least 30 credits at Distinction and 15 at Merit or above; and
at least 12 credits at Distinction in an Arts subject
- DDD in any essay-based Applied General BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma, AND A in an Arts subject at A-level (or equivalent)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21100 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- EU students: £21100 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.