In years one and two you will devote at least a quarter of your studies to your specialist subject pathway, which you will choose from one of the disciplines in the Faculty of Arts.
You will be enrolled on a combination of bespoke core units exploring foundational and interdisciplinary issues in the arts and humanities, which may include the art of writing; the ways history shapes the present – and the present shapes history; and concepts of nature and beauty.
You will also study a language and learn how to work with data. Finally, you will be able to take optional units from the wide range of disciplines offered in the Faculty of Arts.
Outcome of the Liberal Arts from University of Bristol
The final year includes an interdisciplinary dissertation and a unit that provides opportunities for working with organisations outside the University.
If you are interested in the modern languages pathway, we encourage you to enrol on the MLibArts course. This four-year degree includes a year abroad, which will accelerate your language skills and provides an invaluable opportunity to develop your cultural knowledge. If you are unable to go abroad, the three-year degree with a modern languages pathway remains available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the Present
- The Art of Writing
- Peoples, Culture and Language
- Evolution in Action
- Archaeological Practice
- Big Ideas in Anthropology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts View 688 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAA including an Arts subject and another essay-based subject
- 36 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 6 at Higher Level in an Arts subject and 6 at Higher Level in another essay-based subject
- Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, and M3 is C.
- DDD in any essay-based Applied General BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma, AND A in an Arts subject at A-level (or equivalent)
- Advanced Higher: AA in one Arts subject and another essay-based subject, and Standard Higher: AAAAB
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU students: £21100 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.