People are fundamental to any business or organisation, which is why the study of human resources is so valuable. The dual focus of this Business Management and Human Resource Management (Hons) BA degree from De Montfort University helps equip you with a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills, with the opportunity to follow a general business pathway alongside a specialised focus on Human Resource Management (HRM). As part of this you’ll gain a strong understanding of fundamental business concepts practices and methods. You’ll also be able to acquire a thorough knowledge of key management topics and techniques, alongside studying modules such as Politics in Business, Employment Relations, Business Research Issues and Analysis and HRM in the Workplace.
- Thanks to its accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), industry developments and practices are reflected in our teaching.
- Upon successful completion of the course you can gain associate membership of the CIPD, helping you to get ahead in your professional career.
- As part of this programme you’ll have the opportunity to combine your study in areas as diverse as marketing, finance and strategy, alongside specialising in HR subjects such as managing change, employment relations, culture, motivation and leadership, so you can develop a broad range of skills.
- Gain valuable international experience as part of your studies with our DMU Global programme. Previous trips have taken students overseas to destinations such as Copenhagen, New York, Berlin, San Diego and Toronto.
- During this course you will have the option to complete a paid placement year, an invaluable opportunity to put the skills developed during your degree into practice. Students have previously enjoyed placement opportunities with local, national and global organisations including the NHS, Marks & Spencer, Siemens, Lidl, and Rugby Borough Council.
- Our graduates have gone on to work for many leading brands in graduate roles such as HR adviser at Dunelm Head Office, learning and development manager at Miss Selfridge, HR consultant at Jaguar Land Rover and recruitment coordinator at BUPA.
- A degree in Business Management and Human Resource Management helps you to access a wide range of career opportunities, equipping you with a broad and diverse set of skills that are highly sought-after in the professional world.
- This includes a range of careers in the public, private or voluntary sectors, with recent graduates having progressed to careers such as HR assistant at PwC, HR consultant at Jaguar Land Rover, HR manager at Royal Mail and senior HR analyst at Ford.
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD
- Employability, Professionalism and Academic Study Skills
- Global Business Issues
- Financial Decision Making
- Politics in Business
- Principles in Contemporary Management
- HRM in the Workplace
- Organisational Behaviour
- Employment Relations
- Resolving Individual Disputes Within the Workplace
- Business Research Issues and Analysis
- European Business Issues
- Progressive Franchising
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Human Resource Management View 1353 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A typical offer is 112 UCAS points. You need to study at least two subjects at A-level or equivalent (eg BTEC)
- Five GCSEs grades A-C including; English Language and Maths
- English (Language or Literature) and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications at grade C
- It is normally required that students have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent)
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.