In your second year you can choose from a variety of modules, such as Economics of Financial Markets and Institutions, which will provide you with a thorough understanding of financial systems. The analytical and critical evaluation skills developed alongside your studies of economics will deepen your understanding of how to support successful businesses.
During your time at DMU you will also have an opportunity to add an international dimension to your studies by taking part in a short-term overseas visit. Business Management and Economics students recently visited Berlin, which gave them the opportunity to apply economic theory to analyse the benefits and costs of European integration.
- The Business Management and Economics (Hons) BA programme offered at De Montfort University helps to open up a wide range of career opportunities for graduates in areas such business, finance and the civil service.
- Since the global financial crisis of 2007/08, economics has been at the centre stage of policy analysis, with sound economic skills and competencies being sought-after in many areas.
- Our graduates have gone on to careers in globally renowned organisations such as Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, KPMG, and PwC, working in a variety of roles including operations analyst, business analyst, audit associate, and financial analyst.
- Financial Decision Making
- Principles of Marketing
- Employability, Professionalism and Academic Study Skills
- Marketing Information and Decision Making
- Business Finance Essentials
- Business Intelligence using Excel
- Performance Measurement in Organisations
- Human Resource Management
- International Marketing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Management Studies View 940 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A typical offer is 104 UCAS points. You need to study at least two subjects at A Level or equivalent (eg BTEC)
- Five GCSEs at grades A–C including English Language and Maths
- English (Language or Literature) and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications at grade C
- It is normally required that students have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ Points
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent)
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.