All our first-year students take part in the faculty's Global Engineering Challenge, working with students from other engineering disciplines to solve a real-world problem.
- All second years get to work on a week-long project devised by one of our industry partners. You'll also get the chance to work with an engineering company through the Sheffield Industrial Project Scheme.
- In the third year, you'll carry out your own research project, supervised by an academic.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital System Engineering
- Electrical Circuits and Networks
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Mathematics (Electrical)
- System Design Analysis
- Global Engineering Challenge Week
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 1212 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics + B in AS or A Level Further Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, including Higher Level Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics at grades 6, 5
- BTEC | DD in Engineering or Applied Science + A Level Maths grade A
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAABB + AB, including Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA, including Maths and Physics, Chemistry or Electronics
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with 45 at level 3 including 36 credits at Distinction, to include Mathematics and Physics, and 9 credits at Merit. A Mathematics test may also be required
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.