The Mathematics with Finance and Economics (Hons) degree at the City, University of London will help you explore and understand modern mathematics, economic theory and financial structures.
Our Mathematics with Finance and Economics graduates are in high demand, especially in the financial sector.
To help you prepare for your future career ambitions, this course places an emphasis on applied mathematics and real-world problem solving.
- Become a graduate in demand – our students are highly sought after in financial sector
- Learn to solve real-world problems and develop the highly valued problem-solving and communication skills
- Master a wide range of mathematical topics and techniques, including computing and computational mathematics, statistics and probability – and how to apply them to real-world problems
- Develop in-demand expertise in financial and economic theory, such as financial markets, corporate finance, and micro- and macroeconomics
- Boost your employability with an optional paid one-year work placement – past students have secured placements at organisations such as Axa, Barclays, Bloomberg, Disney, GE Capital, IBM, J.P. Morgan, Microsoft and Toyota.
Learn from a multidisciplinary team combining expertise from our Department of Mathematics, the Department of Economics and our Business School.
This degree prepares you for future employment by providing you with vital, transferable skills highly valued by employers in the financial and business sectors.
Many of our graduates secure jobs in the financial sector, going on to work in roles such as financial consultant, investment banker, and customer service officer for organisations such as:
- Hazlems Fenton
- John Lewis
- Lloyds TSB
- Programming and Computational Mathematics
- Probability and Statistics
- Number Theory and Cryptography
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Finance View 944 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB (including Mathematics)
- 128 UCAS tariff points
- 33 points total, including Higher Level Mathematics at grade 6
- DD with an A-level grade A in Mathematics
- A minimum of grade 4 (C) in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other outlined requirements.
International16650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £9,250
- Overseas/EU: £16,650
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.