Who is it for?
Our degree in Civil Engineering (Hons) is a path for students to become a leader in tomorrow's complex world. City, University of London is committed to ensuring that its civil engineering graduates lead the way in technical expertise, strategic thinking, innovation and communication.
Civil engineers develop infrastructure and have a profound effect on the way people live through a consideration of function, aesthetics, economics and sustainability.
- City, University of London has been educating aspiring civil engineers for nearly 90 years. Our graduates are equipped with the skills that the profession demands and we are proud of the success they have enjoyed at the forefront of civil engineering in the UK and around the world.
- The new course for 2017 features a common first year across engineering disciplines to give students a superb foundation in the science and mathematics that underpins civil engineering. As they specialise in later years the course provides a strong technical background in the key subjects of structural, geotechnical and hydraulic engineering and management studies while placing a particular emphasis on innovative engineering design.
- City's strong representation at all levels of the profession underpins our close links with industry and with the sector's professional bodies. Our close collaboration with industry is reflected in our research, our approach to education and our emphasis on professional experience for all students.
- Accrediting bodies have commended the level of industry involvement in City's design projects, specialist lectures and placement opportunities. Our unique "Open Door to Industry" scheme and speed networking careers events in particular allow students to benefit from our central London location and develop an in-depth understanding of the profession they are intending to join.
- You can opt to transfer to MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering if your overall mark is 60% or above at the end of year two.
Career prospectsCivil Engineering graduates have gone on to work with many of the leading design consultants or contracting engineering practices in the UK and overseas.Recent graduates have worked on the Crosssrail project, the HS2 rail project and landmark buildings in the City of London. They have joined employers such as AECOM, Atkins, Balfour Beatty Engineering, Building Design Consultants, Jacobs Engineering, London Bridge Associates, Mott MacDonald, Arup, Ramboll and Skanska.
Our current BEng Civil Engineering degrees are accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (which includes the Institution of Civil Engineers and Institution of Structural Engineers) as partially satisfying the educational base, requiring a programme of Further Learning to meet the full requirements for CEng. Our new BEng degree has been designed to continue this tradition and we have every expectation that the new degree listed here will similarly be accredited.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Issues in Civil Engineering
- Lean Construction and Control
- Construction Management with Building Information Modeling
- Economic Decision Analysis in Civil Engineering
- Systems Analysis in Civil Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 'A' Level: ABB (including Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry or Biology).
- Tariff: 128 UCAS tariff points (including Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry or Biology). Read more about the new UCAS tariff from September 2017.
- BTEC: D*DD in Engineering with minimum grade B in 'A' Level Mathematics or Physics.
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ): We welcome applications that include the EPQ. Where relevant, this may be included in our offer, resulting in an 'A' Level offer reduced by one grade.
- IB: 33 points (including Higher Level Mathematics and Physics at grade 6).
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.