This Aeronautical Engineering (Hons) course from City, University of London prepares you for a career in the global aerospace industry, working on manned and unmanned aircraft. Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Royal Aeronautical Society, it is your first step towards Chartered Engineer status.
You will study our core engineering first year, equipping you with skills in mathematics, engineering science and electronics. In later stages, you progress to specialist topics including flight dynamics and aerodynamics and propulsion.
You’ll put your in-depth aeronautical engineering knowledge into practice with design projects at every stage of your studies.
- Study in industry-standard specialist facilities including our flight deck, motion simulators, wind tunnels, fuel injection systems, formula car simulator and flight test course
- Boost your employability with an optional 12-month professional placement – past hosts include Airbus, DHL Air, British Airways, Delphi and EDF Energy
- Shine at interview with practical examples to showcase your expertise, thanks to real-world projects throughout your studies
- Benefit from our industry connections and outstanding reputation as the first UK university offering aeronautic engineering.
CareerShape the future of travel with a rewarding career in aeronautical engineering.
You’ll be equipped with specialist expertise to find rewarding work in a variety of high-tech sectors, including:
- all areas of the aircraft and airline industry
- the automotive industry (including F1)
- renewable energy.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Royal Aeronautical Society.
- Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Solid Mechanics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Aerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 149 other Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB (including Mathematics)
- 120 UCAS tariff points
- 30 points with 'Higher Level Mathematics at grade 5' OR 'Standard Level Mathematics at grade 7 AND Higher Level Physics/Biology/Chemistry at grade 5'
- See below for further details
- A minimum of grade 4 (C) in English Language and
International19770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19770 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.