Why study BA (Hons) Film at BU?
- Study a variety of aspects of filmmaking such as distribution, marketing, buying, fundraising and film production, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches
- Access industry standard digital film cameras, editing programmes and audio equipment throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised film lecturers and practitioners
- Choose optional modules to specialise in a particular area of interest to match your career ambitions
- Make invaluable industry connections during an optional 30-week work placement with organisations such as The Walt Disney Company, Signal Productions, NorthLight Media and Curtain Calls Production.
- Within 15 months of completing their course, 95% of our students were employed or in further study.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
This Film (with Foundation Year option) (Hons) degree at Bournemouth University seeks to generate enterprising and entrepreneurial practitioners that are not only geared up to work in industry as it currently stands, but to have an active role in shaping how it may be in the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Language
- The Film Industries
- Principles of Storytelling
- Creative Collaboration
- Understanding Experimental Film
- Film Business
- Film Story Structures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 746 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry:
104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2022 and September 2023 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17595 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17595 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2023 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £1,850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.