Developed to respond to the growing demand for flexible music and audio professionals, the course is focused on equipping you with an exceptional range of intellectual, technical and creative skills.
This Music, Sound and Technology (Hons) degree from City, University of London has a unique focus to help you understand the relationships between music, sound and other forms of digital media. For example, film, games, web-based applications, and novel modes of performance.
- Learn in a highly energised department, with internationally recognised staff who share your devotion to music
- Train in facilities that include advanced recording and composition studios, and performance and practice spaces
- Study music, recording, studio production techniques, composition, interactive music, acoustics and psychoacoustics, audio arts, sound synthesis, and digital signal processing
- Participate in music-making activities, including student ensembles, regular concerts and summer music festival
- Learn in a stimulating research-led environment with world-leading studios and recording facilities
- Develop up-to-date technical skills in digital and audio technologies
- Follow in the footsteps of students who have undertaken a placement year with Les Miserables, London Philharmonic, and other organisations.
The knowledge and skills you gain during the course will prepare you for a wide range of careers such as:
- audio engineer
- studio manager
- sound designer
- web and app designer
- film, TV and video games composer
- dubbing mixer
- audio research and development
- live sound operation for music and theatre
- technical support for the recording industry.
- Music, sound and technology
- Sound recording and studio techniques
- Critical Listening
- Sound design
- Practical Musicianship
- Sound Recording and Studio Techniques
- Interactivity for Music and Sound
- Work Placement
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering View 454 other Bachelors in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB with Music, Music Tech, Mathematics, Physics preferred
- 128 UCAS tariff points
- 30 points with 5,5,5 from three Higher Level subjects
- A minimum of grade 4 (C) in GCSE English Language and Mathematics in addition to other outlined requirements.
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.