Economic theory is highly relevant and applicable in today’s rapidly changing world. From the impact of immigration, to the organization of healthcare systems, economics touches on all areas of modern life.
This Economics (Hons) degree from City, University of London provides a thorough understanding of economic theory, with a focus on the practical link between theory and real-world application. You’ll learn the mathematics and statistics that underpin economics, and develop quantitative and analytical skills to evaluate wider social and political issues.
At the end of your first year you will be able to choose pathway between Economics and Economics and Econometrics, which focuses on quantitative aspects of economics.
- Develop desirable transferable skills for a broad range of careers in economics, business, finance and beyond
- Acquire analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, alongside a deep understanding of economic theory and ideas
- Choose a pathway between Economics and Economics and Econometrics
- Stand out from the crowd with a professional placement year – past students have undertaken placements with organisations like the Department for Work and Pensions, GlaxoSmithKline, RBS and HM Treasury
- Study abroad with an optional exchange in Europe, America or further afield
- Enjoy professional and social opportunities through the student-led Economics Society
- Follow in the footsteps of recent graduates who now work for major global corporations.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world's largest professional body of management accountants offering the most relevant accounting qualification for a career in business.
- Data Analysis
- Mathematics for Economists
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Mathematics for Economists
- Global Financial Markets
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 940 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 120 UCAS tariff points
- 29 points with 5 or better in each Higher Level subject
- A minimum of grade 6 (B) in Mathematics and grade 4 (C) in English Language in addition to other outlined requirements.
International16780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16780 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.