We’ll also show you the various ways that biochemistry and genetics can be applied to major challenges affecting humanity today, from understanding and treating a range of diseases, feeding a global population sustainably and how new drugs are designed.
- From your first year in the Biochemistry and Genetics programme offered by the University of Sheffield , you’ll study modules that span the molecular biosciences covering biochemistry, genetics, microbiology and molecular biology.
- Alongside these modules, you’ll have the freedom to explore complementary topics across the breadth of bioscience, such as biomedicine, plant science, evolution and conservation, so you’ll have the option to study biochemistry and genetics in greater depth, keep your interests broad or even switch to another degree programme within the biosciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Molecular Bioscience
- Molecular Biology
- Science Challenge: Breaking Boundaries
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry Genetics View 668 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | ABB, including Chemistry and another science + B in a relevant EPQ; ABB, including Chemistry and another science + A in Core Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 34, with 6,5 in Higher Level Chemistry and another science
- BTEC | Interim-Reformed: DD in Applied Science + A Level grade A in a science subject (Biology, Chemistry, Human Biology, Physics, Psychology, Maths and Further Maths) + interview.
- Scottish Highers + 2 Advanced Highers | AAABB + AB, including Chemistry and another science
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | B + AA, including Chemistry and another science
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with Distinctions in 36 Level 3 credits, including Chemistry and Biology units, plus Merits in 9 Level 3 credits. Applicants are also interviewed.
- Mature students - explore other routes for mature students
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.