- You can add a year’s work placement
- You could study abroad for a year
- Extend your study to Masters level with an extra year
- A foundation year boosts your skills and knowledge if you don't quite meet our academic entry requirements
More about this course
- This programme offers an inspiring combination of computer science and video game development. This programme will give you a grounding in computer science, set within the context of game programming – concentrating on programming, simulation, interactive real-time graphics and artificial intelligence.
- The trong links with top game studios, including Electronic Arts, Sony and Microsoft, ensure our teaching stays up to date and relevant.
- Explore the latest technologies, including motion capture, multi-wall display systems and various head mounted displays in our Hull Immersive Visualization Environment (HIVE).
- CV-boosting activities such as our Rather Useful Seminar series, our 'Three Thing Game' development competition and opportunities to engage with employers.
The graduates have been recruited by the likes of Codemasters, Criterion (Electronic Arts), Dynamo Games, Eutechnyx, Rare (Microsoft), Lionhead Studios (Microsoft), Pi Studios, Sony and Bohemia Interactive. In designing our degree programmes, we aim to provide you with a good theoretical and practical training which will interest potential employers and equip you with the tools to undertake further study.
There are opportunities for graduates to undertake research, leading to an MSc or PhD, or both. Current research interests in the department include dependable systems, intelligent systems, and simulation and visualisation.
Accredited by the British Computer Society (the Chartered Institute for IT) to meet the requirements for full Chartered IT Professional and partial Chartered Engineer status. The MEng course meets all the requirements for both.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Systems
- Quantitative Methods for Computing
- Software Engineering and Human-Computer Interaction
- Computer Science: The Challenge for Sustainable Computing
- Programming and Algorithmic Thinking
- Object-Oriented Programming and Principles
- Systems Analysis, Design and Process
- 2D Computer Graphics and Simulation
- 3D Computer Graphics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 959 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Points can be from any qualification on the UCAS tariff, but must include at least 80 points from:
- A levels
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma
- CACHE Diploma or Extended Diploma
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Scottish Highers
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hull
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.