The main aim of the Product Design & Technology (Hons) course offered by the Loughborough University is to teach skills that enable the definition of new product opportunities, defined through applied research, tested through working prototypes, and detailed in terms of design for manufacture.
The course is underpinned by the concept of responsible design, which is embodied through the consideration of ethical interaction with users and clients, and product design which is inclusive and sustainable. Teaching takes a technologically innovative approach to the design and creation of beautiful, ingenious, functional, and viable products, developing students to become responsible designers who can establish technology-focused, creative responses across both creative and engineering domains.
This accredited course takes a technologically innovative approach to the design and creation of beautiful, ingenious, and functional products. It is well suited to students who are excited at the prospect of utilising modern technology for the creation of contemporary design solutions.
Your future career
Graduates from our Product Design and Technology BSc course have entered a variety of careers, including as consumer product designers, product design consultants, digital and 3D printing designers, design engineers, product interface designers, chief design officers, product technologists, CAD/CAM experts, entrepreneurs, product buyers and technical salespersons.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design at SDCA
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Understanding People
- Fundamental Mechanics for Product Designers
- Prototyping for Manufacture
- Digital Fabrication Technology for Product Designers
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 89 other Masters in Industrial Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level: ABB including Physics or Maths plus Design and Technology or Art and Design
- IB: 34 (6,5,5) at HL including either 5 in HL Design and Technology or Visual Arts, plus 5 in either HL Maths or Physics. (Plus 4 in SL or HL English)
- BTEC: BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Art and Design: DDM plus Grade B in A Level Maths or Physics BTEC Level 3 National Diploma: DD Plus grade B in A level Maths or Physics or BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate: D Plus Grades BB A Level including A Level Maths or Physics
- We accept a wide range of international qualifications such as the European Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, German Abitur, Hong Kong DSE, and Indian Standard XII among many others worldwide, alongside well-established International Foundation Programmes. For further information about acceptable qualifications visit our international webpages for more information.
International24650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.