The main aim of the Product Design and Technology (Hons) course offered by the Loughborough University is to teach skills that enable the definition of new product opportunities, defined through applied research, tested through working prototypes, and detailed in terms of design for manufacture.
Your future career
- Graduates from our Product Design and Technology BSc course have entered a variety of careers, including as consumer product designers, product design consultants, digital and 3D printing designers, design engineers, product interface designers, chief design officers, product technologists, CAD/CAM experts, entrepreneurs, product buyers and technical salespersons.
- Design at SDCA
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Understanding People
- Fundamental Mechanics for Product Designers
- Prototyping for Manufacture
- Digital Fabrication Technology for Product Designers
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 633 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB including Physics or Maths. All short-listed candidates are required to submit a design task and portfolio electronically.
- 34 (6,5,5 HL) including 5 in HL Physics or Maths
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: DDM plus Grade B in A Level Maths or Physics.
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma: DD plus Grade B in A Level Maths or Physics.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate: D Plus Grades BB A Level including A Level Maths or Physics
- GCSE English Language Grade 4/C
International25700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.