Choosing to enrol on the BA International Relations (Hons) degree offered by the Loughborough University will give you the opportunity to study politics in regional and global contexts, examine challenges to foreign policy decision making and consider problems of security, conflict, international development and international politics of dynamic regions.
Our International Relations degree will develop your understanding of conflicts between states and their ability, or inability, to cooperate. If you are interested in going beyond the headlines on international affairs, this is the course for you.
The BA (Hons) International Relations degree blends concepts with case studies to equip you with specific methods of analysis in international relations – the kind of analytical skills that employers value.
Your future career
- Our students gain a multitude of transferable skills through studying International Relations, such as critical reasoning and analysis, the ability to plan and research work, lead and participate in discussion and debate, and work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Students who study International Relations with us continually prove successful in their career endeavours after graduating. Our focus on academic rigour and transferable skills has made our graduates attractive to employers from a range of industries and professions, such as marketing, finance, politics, public relations, publishing, journalism, charity, and human resources.
The Contemporary World Arena
Power, Politics & Ideology in Modern Europe
Conceptions of Democracy
International Political Theory
The Making and Unmaking of the World Order
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 757 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Loughborough University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
IB: 34 (6,5,5 HL)
BTEC: BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: DDM. A Level Grades BB plus Distinction in BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate. A Level Grade B plus Distinction Distinction in BTEC Level 3 National Diploma.
We accept a wide range of international qualifications such as the European Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, German Abitur, Hong Kong DSE, and Indian Standard XII among many others worldwide, alongside well-established International Foundation Programmes. For further information about acceptable qualifications visit our international webpages for more information.
International20750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.