A set of core courses provide a foundation in principles of aesthetics, business, textiles, global markets, apparel production, and retail environments. The apparel, textile and fashion industries operate in a global market, making an understanding of the world economy and cultural diversity essential. Team building, communications, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are emphasized throughout the curriculum.
Majors in apparel, merchandising, and textiles can specialize in merchandising or apparel design.
Careers in apparel, merchandising, design & textiles
The Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Textiles program offered by Washington State University provides a wide range of career opportunities within design, product development, merchandising, marketing, retailing, and promotion.
Common positions include:
- Apparel Designer
- Technical Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Illustrator
- Visual Merchandiser
- Brand Identity Specialist
- Sales Representative
- Retail Manager
- Textile Designer
- Textiles Specialist
- Market Analyst
- Catalog Developer
- Wardrobe Consultant
- Graphic Artist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Apparel and Textile Product Development
- Historic Costumes and Textiles
- Advanced Assembly Techniques
- Draping and Flat Pattern
- Fitting the Human Form
- Fashion Line Pre-development
- Fashion Line Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApply anytime.
- National: The fall semester admission priority application date for first-year students is January 31. You can still apply after this date on a space-available basis
- International: WSU accepts international undergraduate applications at any time of year and operates on a rolling admission basis.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 163 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for admission to Washington State University as a freshman, a student needs to complete at least 12 years of school, culminating in an appropriate secondary certificate or external examination. (We may consider the first year or two of university in some countries to be secondary level.)
- Schooling should include preparation in humanities, mathematics, basic sciences, and social sciences.
- WSU requires a minimum grade point average of 2.70 (on a 4.00 scale) for admission as an international freshman.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 48 months.
National13156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13156 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5498 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.