Learn from internationally respected experts from across three highly regarded departments. Build the understanding and analytical skills valued by top employers and become an agent of change.
Understand the forces at work where power and money intersect with ideals. Grapple the problems that shape society, explore the theory behind the politics and question the morality of competing systems of government. By what right do our rulers govern? What conditions create poverty and how does wealth interact with political unrest?
Careers and skills
The Philosophy, Politics and Economics (Hons) course from University of York is a highly sought after by employers - 94.3% of graduates from the School of Phhilosophy, Politics and Economics enter further work or study within six months (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2016/17 (HESA) (Full-time UK students). With our diverse student body and opportunities for internships and study abroad you'll be prepared to enter the global marketplace.
The Club of PEP also provides a platform for students to meet with experts and and industry insiders through their careers branch, YorkWorks.
Recent graduate careers include:
- Brexit Policy Editor, The Guardian
- Economist, Nordic Investment Bank
- Consultant, PwC
- Policy Advisor to Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
- Correspondent, ITV News
Others have gone on to work in:
- Public administration
- Local and national government
- The ‘not-for-profit’/non-governmental (NGO) sector (including international work)
- The creative, media and broadcasting industries
- Accountancy, banking and finance
- Social welfare
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in PPE
- Reason and Argument
- What is Politics?
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 770 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Either AAA plus Mathematics GCSE Grade 7(A) or AAA including Mathematics A Level
- There are two slightly different routes open to students studying PPE with us, one of which (the 'econometrics route') is more mathematical in focus, and for this, A level Mathematics with at least a grade B is compulsory.
- For the standard route, we will accept GCSE Mathematics. You will choose between these two PPE routes when you start your degree at York. We don't accept General Studies.
BTEC National Extended Diploma
- DDD including Mathematics or in conjunction with an acceptable alternative Level 3 Mathematics qualification or with Mathematics GCSE 7(A)
- Either 36 points plus GCSE Mathematics Grade 7(A) or equivalent OR 36 including 6 in Higher Level Mathematics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.