Economics uses theory and empirical evidence to explain the dynamism of economic systems. History seeks to understand social, political, and intellectual shifts as well as to determine the causes and consequences of economic trends.
You'll join two highly-performing research intensive departments and graduate as a critical thinker, effective communicator and creative and analytical problem solver.
Careers and skills
The History - Economics (Hons) programme from University of York develops skills that are highly valued by employers. Our graduates are adept at engaging in argument and proposing alternative solutions. The mix of abstract thought and quantitative techniques develops excellent technical skills for solving complex problems.
Our graduates have gone on to work in sectors such as:
- Banking and investments
- Politics, diplomacy and government
- Commerce and public relations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thinking Through History
- Group Research Project
- Political Communities in World History
- Societies in World History
- Knowledge and Beliefs in World History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics History View 1064 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAA including Mathematics and either History or Classical Civilisation
Access to Higher Education Diploma
- 39 credits at Distinction including at least 9 credits in History-related units and 9 credits in Mathematics and 6 credits at Merit or higher.
BTEC National Extended Diploma
- DDD with additional A Levels or equivalent qualifications in either History or Classical Civilisation and Mathematics at grade A.
- D3, D3, D3 including History and Mathematics
- 85% overall, including 85% in History and 85% in Mathematics
- 36 points, including 6 at Higher Level in both History and Mathematics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- UK government loans
- UK scholarships and bursaries
- International scholarships
- Country-specific funding
- US loans
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.