This course includes a year abroad which is normally split between French and Portuguese-speaking countries (usually Portugal or Brazil).
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- A leading department of French, currently ranked within the top 5 in the UK (Complete University Guide 2019).
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries, and the opportunity to undertake an internship/work placement in a French- speaking environment (typically sourced by students themselves).
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King’s are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- Opportunity to study Portuguese from beginners’ level.
- Course taught by world-class lecturers in a friendly environment.
- Wide range of modules is unique in the UK.
- King’s library contains the most complete collection of material on Portugal, Brazil and Portuguese-speaking Africa available in any UK university.
- Central location offers students the opportunity to make use of the library of the Luso-Brazilian Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core French Language
- Introduction to French Literature
- Core Portuguese Language
- Global Iberias
- The Practice of Translation
- Portuguese Language
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 541 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required grades
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.
- Required subjects
- Preferred subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.