The Global Health and Social Medicine BA at King's College London is designed for those who wish to understand the social determinants of health and illness in a global context, and to recognise and evaluate the range of medical and healthcare approaches.
Whether you want to promote responsible biomedical research, address global health inequities or ensure fairness across generations, you are required to consider numerous perspectives in order to succeed, fostering thinking across disciplines and national boundaries.
- Hear from some of our students about why they chose to study Global Health & Social Medicine at King's.
- All applicants of our full time BSc or BA are eligible for the £9,000 scholarship opportunity, including UK, EU and Overseas students.
- We offer excellent opportunities to study social aspects of health and medicine in a multi-disciplinary context with close collaboration between the social sciences, life sciences and biomedicine.
- Global opportunities for work experience including study abroad at world leading universities and fully funded international internships.
- The chance to combine high-level social science with an introduction to the main areas of biomedical knowledge and the implications for clinical practice.
- Taught by internationally renowned clinicians and academics with a strong focus on transdisciplinary education in key areas of health, disease and medicine.
Career destinationsOur graduates enter a wide range of professions within the health services, public health, government and NGOs in the UK and elsewhere; as well as in the commercial, medical and health sectors. A proportion proceed into higher professional or academic qualifications, often pursuing postgraduate degrees at King’s.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Global Health
- Introduction to Social Medicine
- Research Practice and Design Studio
- Foundations in Social Science and Social Theory
- Key Concepts in Global Health
- Key Concepts in Social Medicine
- Case Studies in Global Health & Social Medicine
- The Dissertation Laboratory
- Contemporary Crises in Global Health & Social Medicine
- Dissertation in Global Health & Social Medicine
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 412 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.