Through our required language modules you will attain a high level of proficiency in speaking, writing and reading the German language, whilst developing your knowledge and critical understanding of German culture and society. This German and History with a Year Abroad degree at King's College London is designed for your level of language competence, and to the internationally recognised Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Highly-rated department with world-leading research in German literary, film, cultural, and historical studies.
- Teaching informed and delivered by research-active staff.
- Consistently excellent student satisfaction ratings.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
- A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
- The central London location offers students easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
Career destinationsRecent employers of King’s German graduates include Goldman Sachs, Astra Zeneca, the National Assembly of Wales, CNN, the American University in London, and the University of Oxford.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory German
- Texts & Contexts for ab initio
- Historical Sources, Skills and Approaches
- The German Reformation (15 credits)
- 18th Century German Thought: The Education of Humanity
- Gender & Identity in Arthurian Romance
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Languages View 1545 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
- Preferred subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.