The Geography BSc course at King's College London offers an exciting course of study covering Physical Geography, the Environment, Geocomputation and Spatial Analysis as well as interactions with Development, Urban and Cultural Geography. In your first year you will have a field trip to Spain, followed by a choice of week-long international trips in your second year.
You will gain advanced analytical and technical skills that can be applied to understanding a range of real world issues through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials together with workshops, laboratory sessions and international field trips. You will be taught by leading experts and have the opportunity to use London as your laboratory.
- Fieldwork is central to the King's experience. We currently visit Spain in the first year, and China, India, Morocco, and the US in the second year.
- You will have the flexibility to choose to focus on physical geography, or to combine it with aspects of human geography, with the option to switch between the BSc and BA in your first year.
- Our central London location on the River Thames and a stone’s throw from Parliament provides opportunities for fieldwork, engagement with policy-makers, as well as easy access to a wide range of facilities, experiences and job opportunities.
- Successful graduates are engaged in a range of different sectors, including the financial services industry, environmental non-governmental organisations and environmental research.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment in roles including:
- Account executive, Mind Share
- Analyst, GPM Trading Ltd
- Company director, a garden equipment company
- Executive risk assessor, a risk management company
- Marketing internship, Jimmy Choo
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Changing Natural Environment
- Geographical Foundations: the Making of the Modern World
- Principles of Geographical Inquiry
- Geography in Action
- Geography Tutorials: Critical Thinking & Techniques
- Field Research in Physical Geography
- BSc Geography Research Tutorials
- Geographical Research Skills
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography View 327 other Masters in Geography in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.