The French with English with a Year Abroad degree at King's College London involves you following required language modules throughout the course, selecting from a diverse range of optional French modules including French history, film, politics and philosophy, and from optional English modules covering a broad range from medieval literature, to modern poetry and women’s writing. The interdisciplinary nature of this course aims to develop a broad and profound critical understanding of both French and English history, society and culture while attaining a high level of written, reading and oral proficiency in both languages.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture.
- All students follow required modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- Personal attention given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Offers a wide range of modules, and diverse approaches.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Lecturer, Goldsmiths College
- Medical Recruitment Administrator, London Deanery
- Research Fellow, University of Oxford
- International Data Clerk, ES-Three
- Recruitment Consultant, Chapman Black
- Tenant Manager, Regents Group.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Core French Language
- Introduction to French Literature
- French Narrative Texts: An Introduction
- Text and Performance: An Introduction to French Theatre & Film
- Revolution and Reaction in Modern France: An Introduction to Modern French History
- French Political Thought
- Language in Time
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 1545 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.