This Russian Studies degree at the University of Nottingham offers you a broad choice and a course that promotes a deep understanding of what makes Russia the nation it is today. Alongside core language modules, you take optional modules which cover Russian literature, history, society, politics, culture and film.
You will graduate with in-depth knowledge and understanding of a nation that plays a vital role on the global stage and with high-level linguistic, analytical and presentation skills which will equip you for a range of careers.
Your time in Russia will demonstrate to potential employers your flexibility and ability to adapt to new environments and challenges.
- Repression and Resistance: Dissidents and Exiles in Russian Culture
- History of Yugoslavia and Successor States since 1941
- Media in Russia
- Serbian / Croatian 1: Beginners
- Screening Russia: Film and Society from the Tsars to Putin
- European Silent Cinema
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 753 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level offer: ABB
- B in Russian for post-A level pathway. No language qualification is required for the intensive beginners’ pathway
- IB score: 32 with 5 in Russian at Higher Level or 6 at Standard Level (B programme) for the post-IB pathway
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.