The French and History with a Year Abroad degree at King's College London is a four-year course designed to develop your critical analysis and independent thought process on historical topics, as well as focusing on the advanced study of French language and culture.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture and society and achieve language fluency. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries, and the opportunity to apply for the English Language Assistantship Programme or to undertake an internship/work placement in a French-speaking environment (typically sourced by students themselves).
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King’s are highly employable.
- All students follow required modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
Career prospectsMany graduates from the French with History BA course choose to remain in further education and go on to study in law, finance or media after graduation. The highly desirable combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means that French graduates from King’s are in high demand in today’s employment market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core French Language
- Introduction to French Literature
- Death & Desire: Love in French Literature Before 1700
- The French Novel after 1700
- French Poetry after 1800
- The Idea of France
- Modern French History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Languages View 835 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.