About the Sports Journalism (Hons) program offered by University of Huddersfield
We’ll nurture your excitement for the sports you love, while developing your understanding of the forces behind the headlines. You’ll think about the power of digital media and fan culture, and become fully equipped for a great career.
Why study Sports Journalism at Huddersfield?
- You’ll learn everything from writing a match report to producing a podcast and presenting your own TV sports show.
- Our world-leading academics will help you develop a deep understanding of key issues in sport, culture and the media.
- You’ll be taught by industry experts, including reporters, broadcasters and commentators.
- Work experience opportunities in sports media help you turn your passion into a career.
A selection of companies that have employed Huddersfield graduates in recent years include BBC Sport, ITV, BT Sport and talkSPORT, as well as leading football and rugby league clubs including Liverpool, Derby and Huddersfield Giants. Graduates have also made their mark with a range of sports magazines, on the football desk of the Daily Mirror and in exciting roles in the media offices of governing bodies including the Professional Darts Corporation, British Cycling and the PSA World Squash Tour.
- Analysing Content
- Media Users, Audiences and Fans
- Sports Media Industries and Law
- Digital Communication Technology
- Digital Video and Audio Production
- Media Writing and Narrative
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 606 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Huddersfield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Apply through UCAS
- BBC at A Level.
- 112 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications or from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
- Merit at T Level.
- DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above.
- Applicants with prior learning or prior experiential learning will be considered individually by the School of Music, Humanities and Media Accreditation and Validation Panel, to assess whether it is appropriate to grant general or specific credit towards the course.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.