The Classics (Greek and Latin) BA at King's College London is an interdisciplinary course that will allow you to explore aspects of the classical world through the development of your understanding of Ancient Greek and Latin, and by reading ancient texts in their original form.
You will also be encouraged to research the many intellectual and political ways in which the Classical world connects to the modern world in which we live.
- The Department is renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research.
- If you have never studied Latin or Greek at school you may still join the Classics BA in the second year, after completing a first year in another programme and provided certain preconditions are met (see below).
- King’s Classics Department is one of the largest in the UK, with unique coverage from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece.
- The Department stages an annual Greek play in the original language, providing students with an opportunity to experience and participate in the Greek dramatic tradition.
- Collaborations with the British Museum and other cultural institutions, which are incorporated into our undergraduate teaching.
- Graduates go into a wide range of professions, including law, government service, journalism, teaching and the financial services industries.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Assistant Tax Advisor, Ernst & Young
- Human Resources Administrator, Health Resources International
- Web Administrator, Intrico Products Ltd
- Illustrator, Self Employed Illustrator
- Marketing and Publishing Graduate scheme, The Telegraph Media group
- Research Intern, Environment Agency
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Greek Language
- Latin Language
- Introductory Greek Texts: Prose
- Introductory Greek Texts: Verse
- atin Texts: Drama
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages General Studies & Classics View 1545 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
Latin or Ancient Greek
- Preferred subjects
Classical Civilisation, Ancient History or History preferred.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.