The Classical Studies and French BA at King's College London is a high-quality course that will enhance your knowledge of the Classics and of French language and culture. You will develop your critical analysis and independent thought process through researching an exciting and diverse range of modules. The Classics modules will cover topics including Greek and Latin, literature and philosophy.
- Top five for Classics & Ancient History in the UK, our Department is renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research.
- King’s Classics Department is one of the largest in the UK, with unique coverage from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece.
- Central location offers collaborations with the British Museum and the Museum of London, which are incorporated into undergraduate teaching.
- Degree courses combine focus and flexibility, allowing students to pursue their interests.
- Graduates are equipped with analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
Career destinationsRecent graduates of the department have found employment as:
- Assistant Tax Advisor, Ernst & Young
- Human Resources Administrator, Health Resources International
- Web Administrator, Intrico Products Ltd
- Illustrator, Self Employed Illustrator
- Marketing and Publishing Graduate scheme, The Telegraph Media group
- Research Intern, Environment Agency
- Sales Operations Admin, Associated Press TV news
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Greek Language
- Latin Language
- Art & Archaeology of Greece & Rome
- Introduction to Ancient History (c. 1200 BC-AD 600)
- Greek & Latin Literature: An Introduction
- Introduction to Ancient Philosophy
- Working with Greek & Latin Literary Texts: An Introduction
- Introduction to Byzantium and Modern Greece: the Greek-speaking world from 330 AD to today
- Receptions of the past: The Hellenic world from antiquity to today
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages General Studies & Classics View 1545 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
- Preferred subjects
Classical Civilisation, Ancient History or History preferred.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.