The Classical Studies BA course at King's College London embraces the study of Greece and Rome through researching their languages, literature, thought, religion, art, archaeology and history, and debating their influence on subsequent ages.
- Our Department is renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research.
- King’s Department of Classics is one of the largest in the UK, with unique coverage from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece.
- Collaborations with the British Museum and other cultural institutions, which are incorporated into undergraduate teaching.
- Our degree course combines focus and flexibility, allowing you to pursue your interests.
- You will acquire analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
Career prospectsOur graduates go on to work in a range of professions, including law, banking, the civil service, information technology, librarianship, education, heritage industries, the media, journalism and the performing arts; While others choose to stay and pursue postgraduate qualifications at King’s.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Greek Language
- Latin Language
- Art & Archaeology of Greece & Rome
- Introduction to Ancient History (c. 1200 BC-AD 600)
- Greek & Latin Literature: An Introduction
- Introduction to Ancient Philosophy
- Working with Greek & Latin Literary Texts: An Introduction
- Introduction to Byzantium and Modern Greece: The Greek-speaking world from 330 AD to today
- Receptions of the past: The Hellenic world from antiquity to today
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Languages General Studies & Classics View 140 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Preferred subjects
Classical Civilisation, Ancient History or History preferred.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.