About the Marketing (Hons) program offered by University of Huddersfield
Understanding what drives people to engage with experiences, products and services, marketing contributes to organisational and wider sociocultural transformation. Our course aims to give you a thorough grounding in marketing as well as the skills to develop creative and compelling content and communications. The world of marketing is becoming more and more competitive. Businesses want to stand apart, but with so many channels available to them to get their message across, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to do so. This course gives you a solid marketing foundation and an understanding of marketing strategy as well as providing the resources to use a range of marketing tools such as branding, marketing communications and consultancy skills.
How will you learn?
You’ll learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- Our modules are developed with input from industry practitioners to ensure you have skills that are relevant to future employers.
- In your third year we’ll give you the opportunity to take a placement year working for a variety of potential organisations in diverse roles that will allow you to apply and develop your skills.
- All full-time academics in the marketing subject group are studying for or hold doctorates and their teaching is research led.
- Colleagues present their research at international conferences such as the Academy of Marketing, World Marketing Summit, Consumer Culture Theory and the British Academy of Management, as well as publish in leading journals such as Marketing Theory, Journal of Advertising, Journal of Service Research, Journal of Business Research and Tourism Management.
What subjects will you cover?
You’ll explore subjects such as Marketing and Society, Developing Creative Marketing Content, Creative Consultancy Project, Strategic Marketing Planning.
The constantly changing landscape of marketing offers a dynamic and exciting career for students who enjoy the challenges of innovation, creating communication campaigns for a range of consumer segments, researching their needs and behaviour and planning outstanding brand experiences. Gaining a CIM professional qualification alongside your degree can help build your marketing skills and enhance your employability.
Our Placement Office works with national and international employers to ensure excellent work experience opportunities are available to you on placement courses as well as giving advice in areas such as interview skills and preparing CVs and covering letters.
Previous placement providers have included Boxer Gifts, Buy it Direct, Compliance 365, Cummins Turbo Technologies, Digital Velocity, Enterprise rent a car, EPY, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Malaysian Development Industrial Finance Berhad (MIDF), Mamas and Papas, Microsoft, National Physical Laboratory, PPG Architectural Coatings EMEA, PZ Cussons, Smiler Service Ltd, The Baby Room, The Sharp Agency, Thornton and Ross, Vizulate, Walt Disney, Weidmann and Xtra Mile Marketing.
The placement year is a valuable tool that can enhance your employability and help you to develop as an individual. It is acknowledged that graduates with industry experience are generally much more attractive to employers.
Previous graduates from this subject area have gone on to roles such as Marketing Assistant, Business Development Manager, eCRM Manager, Customer Experience Analyst, Marketing Communications Executive, Product Manager, Category Marketing Executive, Press & Marketing Officer, Marketing & Lead Generation Executive in organisations including Haribo, Redrow Homes, Jupiter Advertising, The Body Shop, Lawrence Batley Theatre, JD Williams, Marshalls PLC, Mamas and Papas, Sainsburys and Burtons Biscuits.
- Understanding Global Dynamics
- Digital Marketing in the Contemporary World
- Marketing and Society
- Creative Marketing Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Marketing Digital Marketing View 453 other Bachelors in Marketing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply through UCAS
- BBB - BBC at A Level
- 120 - 112 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications or from International Baccalaureate qualifications.
- Merit at T Level.
- DDM - DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.