The Medicinal and Biological Chemistry (Hons) course at the University of Nottingham content has been tailored to produce graduates with an excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of synthetic and analytical chemistry. The modules making up the course are given by members of the Schools of Chemistry and Life Sciences.
The chemical industry continues to be an important industrial sector in the UK and the emerging materials and biotechnology sectors require trained chemists who can generate the new materials, products and knowledge that are needed in these areas.
In addition to equipping you with theoretical and practical skills in chemistry, a degree in chemistry from Nottingham also demonstrates that you can think logically and critically, solve complex problems and manage your time effectively. Consequently, our graduates may also be employed in professions including those in finance, education, marketing, and the media.
Recent graduate destinations from the school include:
- Cancer Research
- Intellectual Property Office
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Core Laboratory Work
- General Inorganic Chemistry
- Energy, Spectroscopy and Solid State Chemistry
- Synthesis and Spectroscopy
- Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Biology
- Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Chemistry Biochemistry View 314 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A levels: AAB-ABB, including chemistry at grade A. Typical offers will vary depending on the A level subjects offered in addition to chemistry.
- Applicants taking A level biology, chemistry and/or physics are also required to pass the practical element of assessment (where it is assessed separately).
- GCSEs: mathematics grade 4 (C) (or equivalent)
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.