To interact with an object, a mechatronic system must know where the object is, be able to move the object and place it in the required new position. The electronics require information from sensors that can detect position, orientation, and visual or audio signals. The electrical inputs from the sensors have to be interpreted and the appropriate signals sent out to the actuators to perform the required operation. A good understanding of feedback control is also required to be able to make changes in the system from one steady position to another without oscillations or unpredictable movements.
In this Mechatronic Engineering with Industrial Experience course offered at The University of Manchester you will learn the techniques necessary for the design and implementation of such intelligent mechatronic systems.
Manchester's award winning Careers Service will continue to support you two years after graduation.
Skills of the students who obtained a degree in Mechatronic Engineering are sought after in a wide range of industries.
Some of the activities that the graduates from this course are involved with include;
- Development of microcontroller-based embedded systems.
- Integration of renewable energy sources and the design of the associated power conversion systems.
- Development of automation and control systems for various industrial processes.
- Automotive electronics.
- Design of electrical machines and the development of guidance and control systems for unmanned intelligent underwater.
- Ground and aerial vehicles.
- Microcontroller Engineering
- Electronic Materials
- Circuit Analysis
- Digital System Design
- Energy Transport and Conversion
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Electronic Circuit Design
- Electronics Project
- C Programming
- Measurements & Analytical Software
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 444 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB including Mathematics and either Physics, Electronics, Further Mathematics or Chemistry.Practical skills are a crucial part of science education and therefore there will be a requirement to pass the practical element of any science A Level taken.Where applicants are applying for science and related degrees, this is likely to be made explicit in the offers you will receive.
- If you either sat your examinations early or followed an accelerated curriculum and spent three years studying A-levels where the examinations were taken over two years, your application will be considered against the standard selection process of your chosen course.
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.