On this Hispanic Studies and History degree at the University of Nottingham you can examine this by studying the history of many different nations and places in many different centuries. In Hispanic Studies, you can do it specifically in relation to the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking worlds, looking the development of the Spanish and Portuguese empires, the creation of modern Latin America and Lusophone Africa, the complexity of culture and history in Spain and Portugal.
You will have a broad knowledge of the literatures, cultures and histories of the countries you have studied. You will have developed critical abilities, especially through the module exploring historiography, which involves planning, researching and writing a 5,000-word analysis of the historiography of a topic of your choice. Your language skills will be advanced and your international experience will have proved you to be adaptable and independent.
- Modern Latin American History
- The Contemporary World since 1945
- The Contemporary World Since 1945
- Making of Modern Asia
- Making the Middle Ages, 500-1500
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Languages View 753 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level offer: ABB Open to beginners and A level students of Spanish
- B in history plus B in your post-A level language, if applicable. No language qualification is required for the beginners' pathway.
- IB score: 32; including 5 in history at Higher Level, and 5 at Higher Level or 6 in Standard Level (B programme) in Spanish, if applicable.
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.