This German and History degree at the University of Nottingham will enable you to tailor the course to match your interests. In history, project work is introduced in the first year and developed through to the final year when you will undertake a year-long special subject study based on primary historical sources.
By the end of your course, you will have a broad knowledge of German history and culture, and will have acquired a high level of expertise in written and spoken German. Your international experience will demonstrate to employers that you are adaptable, flexible and able to cope in challenging situations.
You will have undertaken independent, in-depth study in your Special Subject, working with primary sources. You will have a broad knowledge of German history and culture, and will have acquired a high level of expertise in written and spoken German. Your international experience will demonstrate to employers that you are adaptable, flexible and able to cope in challenging situations.
- Reason and its Rivals from Kant to Freud
- The Life and Demise of the GDR
- Media in Germany
- National Socialist Germany
- Reading German History: Nation and Society
- English Literature in Modern Languages contexts
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Languages View 1671 other Bachelors in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level offer: ABB Open to beginners and A level students of German
- B in History and German, if applicable. No language qualification is required for the beginners’ pathway.
- IB score: 32; 5 at Higher Level in History, and 5 at Higher Level or 6 at Standard Level (B programme) in German for the post-IB pathway.
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.