This French Studies degree at the University of Nottingham is one of the largest French sections in the UK and our lecturers are experts in their fields. You can take modules in:
- translation and interpreting
- art, theatre and photography
- history and culture
- literature from around the Francophone world
You will have developed a sophisticated command of French that will enable you to work comfortably in professional and social contexts, and you will have acquired a broad knowledge of French history, literature and culture. The experience gained during your year abroad will demonstrate to potential employers that you are adaptable, resourceful, and independent.
- Art and Contemporary Visual Culture in France
- French Cinema: The New Wave
- Huit Tableaux: Art and Politics in Nineteenth-Century France (1799-1871)
- Literature and Politics in Modern France
- On Location: Cinematic Explorations of Contemporary France
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 739 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level offer: ABB
- IB score: 32; 5 in French at Higher Level or 6 at Standard Level (B Programme)
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.