As an American Studies and English graduate at University of Nottingham, you will have a variety of skills acquired from interdisciplinary study and exposure to a wide array of cultural perspectives.Our graduates are able to demonstrate adaptability, independence and initiative, among other desirable qualities. The skills you will gain are transferable to a wide range of roles within diverse sectors.
An a graduate of this degree you will have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and close analysis, and the intelligence and flexibility to undertake any form of specific career training.
- Contemporary North American Fiction
- African American History and Culture
- American Radicalism
- The US and the World in the American Century: US Foreign Policy 1898-2008
- American Violence: A History
- Immigration and Ethnicity in the United States
- The American Pop Century
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 1671 other Bachelors in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level offer: ABB
- IB score: 32 (5 in English at Higher Level)
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.